Overview » Referral Bonus!
Manufacturing facility in south metro Atlanta seeks an Accountant with cost accounting experience. Other titles held might include controller, accounting manager, accounting supervisor, staff accountant, business analyst, certified public accountant (CPA), cost accountant, and financial reporting accountant. Reports to the CFO. Manages one person, an AR specialist.
We send a $250 gift certificate if you refer a successful candidate; who do you know who is qualified?
- Supervise a small accounting team in the areas of inventory, vendor programs, A/P, A/R, and fixed assets.
- Maintain the organization’s general ledger to include preparation and input of financial entries, various account reconciliations, and detailed schedules.
- Examine financial statements for completeness, internal accuracy, and conformance to GAAP.
- Prepare monthly financial and various detailed analyses, as well as reports required by regulatory agencies. Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile an array of special reports.
- Prepare month-end / year-end close and accounting transactions; analyze P&L and balance sheet.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes. Advise management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Advise management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Direct determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Arrange for audits of company accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is essential
- Five to 10 years’ experience in all aspects of accounting; well-versed in issues encountered by controllers.
- Two or more years’ proven supervisory experience.
- Significant experience in MS Dynamics preferred.
- Experience in devising and implementing policies to improve the overall productivity of the accounting department as well as serving as mentor to the existing staff.
- Experience with international organizations and consolidations and multi-currency environment preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of all accounting functions including A/P, A/R, G/L and F/A.
- Strong Excel and Access skills (pivot tables, databases, reporting).
Reply / EEOC
- Send résumé and compensation requirements to: email@example.com.
- Must be free and clear to work in the USA for an indefinite period.
- Equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
# # #